July 14, 2009

48 hrs in New York

Sat July 11 - afternoon - Prospect Park
Straight from the airport to the brand new boulodrome of NYPC where the last preparations were made to try it out for the first time.
A beautiful spot, with enough room for 22 tournament size court, lots of shade, benches and tables.
The first game ended in a Fanny, but I've been sworn to secrecy as to who was in the "0" team. Not me... ;-)







Sun July 12 - all day
- Brooklyn
The 8th edition of the annual Bastille Day tournament.
Gorgeous weather, and - I think - more people than ever before.


Mon July 13 - morning - Bryant Park
Another bright & sunny day, with a constant "va et vient" of players, under the watchful eye of Pierre of La Boule NY. Always great to meet new players that I only knew by phone so far.



More about the weekend later, but first I need to catch up on some (real) work..

No comments: