December 20, 2006

Spammers should be shot!

This has nothing to do with petanque, but it's driving me so crazy I have to get if off my back. "Shared sorrow is half the sorrow"!

Some idiot has been sending out probably millions of emails advertising skin cream while using one of our domain names petanqueamerica.com as a fake "reply to" address.
So now we're getting hundreds of emails a day from legitimate mail robots and spam filters returning the garbage.
That's our problem -- it's just tiresome to sift through them to avoid deleting our own mail.

Worse is that some folks may actually look up who petanqueamerica.com is and think we are the culprit! If I could get my hands on him I'd use him as a cochonnet to practice my "shooting".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, perhaps some of those folks might take a moment to review your website, and learn about a fascinating new sport that they can learn and purchase boules from!