October 15, 2005

Texas team with gifts!

Another state to add to the list.
Ken Larson and his teammate are flying in from San Antonio, TX.




Ken is also a photographer and is contributing a few of his beautiful, framed 11" x 17" prints to the prize basket. Like this one. Thanks!
Ken's pétanque experience is typical of a lot of players in the US.

"I've lived in Texas now for 15 years, prior to that Germany for almost a decade, and grew up in Northern Minnesota before that. I ran across petanque for the first time in one of my many trips to southern France, in the Arles area. I was immediately intrigued, and have played since then, off and on. It was my good fortune almost 5 years ago to run into the group I play with here in San Antonio. A great group of guys, and we've another neighboring club in New Braunfels against and with which we play from time to time. Petanque lives on here in Central Texas!"

No comments: